The Panamerican Congress of Actuaries in Bogota, Colombia(akin to OASDI) and government-sponsored health care. Thus, most of the sessions were used to review ... that have taken place in social security and health care. The Congress had three working languages: Spanish ...
Description: A report on the Panamerican Congress of Actuaries in Bogota, Colombia in the fall of 1999. This is a forum for actuaries from Latin America. The topic of the conference was Social Security Reform in Latin AmericaHide
- Authors: Robert Brown
- Date: Feb 2000
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: International News
Paygo Vs. Individual Accounts: Two ViewsPaygo Vs. Individual Accounts: Two Views This overview of the pros and cons of individual ... Turning to old age programs, Steuerle cited four primary factors affecting their growth: 1. Continuous real ...
Description: This overview of the pros and cons of individual accounts and the paygo system was offered by two speakers at the 1999 symposium, “Impact of Social Security Privatization on Retirement Income. From: The Actuary, September 1999 – volume 33 - Issue 7.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries, Peter Ferrara, Robert Brown
- Date: Sep 1999
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
- Topics: Pensions & Retirement; Social Insurance