The Actuarytraining on how to take care of our aged. I believe everyone should learn how to take care of our aged. In the ... process, we learn more about best practices for taking care of ourselves when we become old. Everyone also should ...
Description: Full version of The Actuary Newsletter Volume 37, Number 5 - My 2003Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Judy Feldman Anderson, Morris Fishman, Carl Harris, Harry H Panjer, Robert Shapiro, Sarah J Sanford, Robert Wilcox
- Date: May 2003
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
Diversification Of Life Insurance Companiestechniques can range from captive agents on one hand to direct response methods on the other. The various products ... long had a presence in reinsurance markets and in direct career agency markets. Two years ago, we acquired ...
Description: Discussion from the April 1982 Society of Actuaries meeting in Orlando on the diversification of life insurance companies including recent experience in acquisitions, and changes in corporate structure of life insurance companies. This panel from the April 1982 Society of Actuaries meeting in Orlando discussed the diversification of life insurance companies. Topics included: 1. Recent experience in the acquisitions, diversification and corporate structure of life insurance companies. 2. Factors causing companies to change the forms of their operations. 3. Process for life insurance companies deciding on their paths.Hide
- Authors: David E Neve, Richard S Robertson, Rodney R Rohda, Robert Shapiro, Michael Sproule, John C Head, Application Administrator
- Date: Apr 1982
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional development; Annuities>Marketing and distribution - Annuities; Life Insurance>Marketing and distribution - Life Insurance
Report of the Task Force on Mutual Life Insurance Company ConversionInterests and Expectations of Interested Parties The primary interest of the company is its long-term growth ... actuarial principles and the laws might place primary emphasis on the protection of the future expectations ...
Description: This Report presents the results of a three-year study on Demutualization by a Task Force of the Society of Actuaries. From Transactions of Society of Actuaries 1987, Vol. 39.Hide
- Authors: Michael H Berkowitz, Michael Cowell, John H Elken, Charles Greeley, Curtis E Huntington, Robin B Leckie, Robert D Lowden, Application Administrator, James Murphy, Henry Ramsey, Lewis P Roth, Robert Shapiro, Walter Shur, Edward J Slaby, James A Tilley, James L Wertheimer, Harry D. Garber, steve smith
- Date: Oct 1987
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Financial Reporting & Accounting; Public Policy