Advanced Topics in Annuity Modelinggoing on, then I think there needs to be more care in finding out exactly what that investment strategy ... I'll get rid of model cells and take greater care in terms of building a model with as few cells as ...
Description: 1997 Valuation Actuary Symposium, Session 21 looks at advanced topics in annuity modeling.Hide
- Authors: Francis Sabatini, Peter Tilley, Russell Osborn
- Date: Sep 1997
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Annuities; Modeling & Statistical Methods
Enterprise Risk ManagementEnterprise Risk Management Actuaries are trained to measure and manage risks, for example, mortality, morbidity, interest rate, and asset ... that objective, although it's probably not the primary purpose.
Description: Actuaries are trained to measure and manage risks, for example, mortality, morbidity, interest rate, and asset default risks. However, the range of risks to which companies are exposed is wider than is sometimes considered. This complex array of risks needs to be managed holistically in concert and not in isolation. The actuary is increasingly called upon to assist in this process and needs a broader perspective and more powerful toolkit. From the Record of the Society of Actuaries, Volume 26, No. 3: Chicago Annual Meeting, October 15-18, 2000, Session 54PD.Hide
- Authors: Max Rudolph, Francis Sabatini, Russell Osborn
- Date: Sep 2000
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>General business skills; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional development; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management