Actuarial Issues and Policy ImplicationsActuarial Issues and ... Article from: Long-Term Care News December 2009 – Issue 24 [Editor’s ... and Policy Implications of a Federal Long-Term Care Insurance Program Dear Senator: To address increased ...
Description: A comment letter to policymakers produced jointly by the SOA and AAA presents findings from their actuarial analysis of the proposed CLASS Act. The analysis indicates that the proposed structure and funding approaches will be unsustainable, and will cover only a very small proportion of the intended population. The opt-out and guaranteed issue provisions of the plan pose a risk that soon the program will either need increased premiums and/or significant reductions.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries, American Academy of Actuaries, P J Stallard, Steven Schoonveld
- Date: Dec 2009
- Competency: Communication>Persuasive communication; Leadership>Professional network leverage; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: Long-Term Care News
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Economics>Health economics; Long-term Care>Public financing - Long-term Care
The Stepping StoneDiversity Committee (IDC). The volunteers who direct it, and the staff who support us, are all very ... minorities at all levels of the education system, from primary school to medical school. They developed recommendations ...
Description: metadata for the entire issueHide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: May 2016
- Competency: Communication>Oral communication; Communication>Persuasive communication; Communication>Written communication; Leadership>Change management; Leadership>Influence; Leadership>Mentoring; Leadership>Thought leadership; Professional Values; Relationship Management>Relationships and trust; Relationship Management>Staff management and motivation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: The Stepping Stone
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Actuarial Profession>Code of Conduct; Actuarial Profession>Competencies; Actuarial Profession>Entrepreneurism; Actuarial Profession>Professional development; Actuarial Profession>Traditional careers; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk appetite