Debate - Future Of Health Care FinancingDebate - Future Of Health Care Financing Presented at April 1985 Spring Meeting. Addresses questions ... questions being asked about the future of health care financing: 1. Will the traditional insurer-based ...
Description: Presented at April 1985 Spring Meeting. Addresses questions being asked about the future of health care financing: 1. Will the traditional insurer-based program be the predominant financing mechanism in the future? 2. Will Preferred Provider Organizations, Health Maintenance Organizations or other mechanisms displace current approaches? What additional institutions will enter this field? 3. What major factors will determine the outcome?Hide
- Authors: Wesley J Burbank, Stephen Carter, Edward A Flickner, Ronald Homans, Raymond F McCaskey, Allen Sorbo, Rickey Williams
- Date: Apr 1985
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Health & Disability>Payment models
To Be Continued - Group Insurance Programs - Special Financing ArrangementsTo Be Continued - Group Insurance Programs - Special Financing Arrangements A discussion of funding ... once the policyholder’s total outlay for health care benefits during a policy year reaches this level ...
Description: A discussion of funding arrangements that can reduce the costs of providing medical coverage through lower reserves or state tax savings, instead of through cutting benefits.Hide
- Authors: Stephen Carter
- Date: Jan 1978
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Tax accounting; Health & Disability>Health insurance