NewsDirect Newsletter, Summer 2001, Issue No. 37www.soa.org SUMMER 2001PAGE 2 NEWSDIRECT NEWS DIRECT Chairperson’s Corner from page 1 SUMMER 2001 ... your newsletter. This is my first experience with direct involvement in an SOA Section, and I am greatly ...
Description: Full version of NewsDirect Newsletter, Summer 2001, Issue No. 37.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Steve Cooperstein, John Kerper, James B Smith, Maria Thomson, Julie Tani, Robert E Winawer
- Date: Jun 2001
- Publication Name: News Direct
Patenting Insurance Products: Making First-to-Market Really Mean Somethingoffshore reinsurers. Now obviously, the patent has direct economic value that it gives the owner or licensee ... owner product control, and because there is no direct competition on price, there's reduced repricing ...
Description: Panelists discuss:  the basics of intellectual property, particularly patent law, and the distinctions among patents, trademarks, and copyrights,  what may make a new insurance-product idea patentable, and  an actuarial perspective on inventing insurance products. From the 2002 Record of Society of Actuaries, Volume 28, No. 3. Session 30PD of the Boston Annual Meeting.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Steve Cooperstein, Dean Potter, Nicholas P Triano
- Date: Oct 2002
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Annuities>Marketing and distribution - Annuities; Life Insurance>Marketing and distribution - Life Insurance