Terminal Funding and Stable Value GICsnot been lost; all stable value managers weigh care- fully the minimum issuer credit rating they deem ... threat of financial ruin due to catastrophic health care expenditures by spreading the risk over a large ...
Description: The article is a summary of Session 9PD at the Society of Actuaries annual meeting in New Orleans in October 2001. Terminal funding the purchase of annuities by pension plans usually at plan termination and stable value GIC's became major product lines in the 1980's. This article describes the changes in the those products, the markets and regulatory environment.Hide
- Authors: Victor Modugno
- Date: May 2002
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Publication Name: Risks & Rewards
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Investments; Pensions & Retirement>Funding
Investment Manager Searches for Insurance Companiesearlier. Typically, with our group, we have the primary contact being a relationship manager, who typically ... insurance strategy issues. But typically, the primary contact is a relationship manager who is a portfolio ...
Description: From a session at the Spring regional meeting of the Society of Actuaries held in Atlanta, Georgia, May 24-25, 1999 Panelists discuss the process of selecting outside investment managers.Hide
- Authors: Frederick W Jackson, Victor Modugno, Ronald S Oldenkamp, Michael J Christ
- Date: May 1999
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Relationship Management
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Investments