Editors' CommentsUnlike most professional journals, ARCH has as its primary goal speedy dissemination of current thinking and ... publishing of thoroughly edited papers. While primary emphasis is on distribution of short notes or papers ...
Description: Editors' comments regarding the editorial policy of the ARCH which is an informal communication platform regarding current actuarial research which the Committee for Research on Theory and Applications of the Society of Actuaries offers to members and friends of the actuarial community. From the Actuarial Research Clearing House 1991, Vol.1.Hide
- Authors: Charles S Fuhrer, Arnold Shapiro
- Date: Jan 1991
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Publication Name: Actuarial Research Clearing House
- Topics: Actuarial Profession
Risk Theory Applications To Experience Rating Group Health Insurancethat person probably had quite a bit of medical care in the last year. That person is much less healthy ... who had not had any significant amount of health care, and, therefore, we would want to charge them more ...
Description: Presenter offers ways in which actuaries might set credibility levels to be used by underwriters to set group health insurance expected benefits. From the Record of the Society of Actuaries, Vol. 24, No. 2.Hide
- Authors: Charles S Fuhrer
- Date: Jun 1998
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession; Health & Disability>Health insurance; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Estimation methods