SOA 2008 Annual Meeting & ExhibitSOA 2008 Annual Meeting & Exhibit Preview of the LTC section's sessions ... Accounting Principles=GAAP;Health reinsurance;Long-term care=LTC;Medicaid;Stochastic models;Underwriting; 25886 ...
Description: Preview of the LTC section's sessions at the SOA Annual Meeting in October 2008, including claims management, litigation and public relations, preparing for PBA and stochastic modeling, pricing, research studies, and securitizations and reinsurance.Hide
- Authors: Amy Pahl
- Date: Sep 2008
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership>Thought leadership; Professional Values>Practice expertise
- Publication Name: Long-Term Care News
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Long-term Care>Long-term care insurance; Public Policy
Letter From the EditorLetter From the Editor Brief description of articles contained in the newsletter. ... Public sector pension plans;Social Security;Health care reform;Taxes=Taxation;Pension plan costs;Public ...
Description: Brief description of articles contained in the newsletter.Hide
- Authors: Jeffery Rykhus
- Date: Jan 2016
- Competency: Communication>Written communication; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Publication Name: In The Public Interest
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Pensions & Retirement>Assumptions and methods; Pensions & Retirement>Public sector plans; Public Policy
Individual Disability Income Problemsof the early 1930s seems to indicate that the primary problem is claim durations. The stock market crash ... who say they are disabled. I believe that the primary reason why the private and public disability income ...
Description: Panel discussion on current issues, trends, and methodology in individual disability income insurance, including overinsurance, pricing, financial reporting, as well as efforts by professional associations to address these issues.Hide
- Authors: Anthony J Houghton, William J Taylor, Martin L Zeffert, Benjamin J Jones
- Date: Oct 1977
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Economics>Health economics; Health & Disability>Disability insurance; Public Policy