Is There A Future For Traditional Society Of Actuaries Meetings?services came about as a result of ERISA and the primary need initially was to provide information and interpretations ... Suppose the annual meeting stays as i_. Would anybody care to see the regional meetings structured in the way ...
Description: This open forum, which occurred at the October 1982 Society of Actuaries Annual Meeting in Washington D.C., discussed the future of traditional Society of Actuaries meetings. Topics discussed included: 1. What do Society meetings offer? 2. What else could they offer? 3. What is offered elsewhere in my specialty? 4. How could Society of Actuaries meetings be made more meaningful? A discussion of the special interest sections and seminars on special interest topics was also discussed.Hide
- Authors: E Paul Barnhart, Linden Cole, Ralph E Edwards, Stephen H Frankel, Robert E Hunstad, J Donald McFarlane, Frank Reynolds, Donald A Rholl, Frederick R Rickers, William David Smith, William C Weller, Louis Weinstein, Application Administrator
- Date: Oct 1982
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Actuarial Profession>Professional development; Public Policy
ICA Brings The World Together In One PlaceICA Brings The World Together In One Place This article is an account of an actuary traveling ... of cash for, respectively, the benefits paid by direct deposit and the benefits paid by check, allowing ...
Description: This article is an account of an actuary traveling to the International Congress of Actuaries in Tokyo and the experience and knowledge gained.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator
- Date: Apr 1997
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Actuarial Profession>Professional development; Global Perspectives