1A: Low Interest Rates - Better to Get Used to Them Despite Their Bitterness1A: Low Interest Rates - Better to Get Used to Them Despite Their Bitterness Interest ... closely follow federal law. The Sherman Act, is the primary U.S. antitrust law pertaining to association activities ...
Description: Interest rates steadily declining ever since the Volcker Fed tackled inflation in the early eighties. Ten years of stimulating monetary policy brought new lows. We should have braced ourselves for a return to neutrality, but that concept remains elusive. We will explore structural issues that have brought rates to these low levels and the potential impacts on the insurance business.Hide
- Authors: Fiona Ng, Benoît Durochers, Christian Robert
- Date: Nov 2019
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Economics; Economics>Financial markets; Finance & Investments>Investments; Finance & Investments>Portfolio management - Finance & Investments
The Risk of Asset Default - Report of the Society of Actuaries C-1 Risk Task Force of the Committee on Valuation and Related Areasovert defaults is to "restructure" the loan or direct placement, thereby avoiding the unpleasantness ... default-creating process has changed since 1945. In more direct language, we are living in a different economic ...
Description: This paper summarizes default experience on bonds from 1900 through 1987. Although the information is more extensive for publicly traded bonds, the paper includes some information on private placements, some of which is not otherwise available.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Aaron Tenenbein, Irwin T Vanderhoof, Ralph Verni
- Date: Oct 1989
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Economics>Financial markets; Finance & Investments>Investments