Soundbites from the American Academy of Actuaries’ Health Practice Councilintended and unintended effects of different health care reform proposals. The model’s Web interface allows ... Academy’s Medicare Steering Committee and Health Care Quality Work Group submitted comments to Senators ...
Description: Report on the activities of the Academy’s health practice council and its work groups.Hide
- Authors: Heather E Jerbi, Melissa Lawler
- Date: May 2009
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk measurement - ERM; Experience Studies & Data; Financial Reporting & Accounting; Health & Disability>Health care quality; Long-term Care; Public Policy
Projected Cost Analysis of Potential Medicare Pharmacy Plan Designssignificant current public policy issues in health care is the lack of coverage for prescription drugs ... prescription drug claims data provided by Medicare managed care contributors and contains experience for over 50 ...
Description: Research report sponsored by SOA to model and compare projected costs of different proposals for a Medicare prescription drug coverage plan. 3 types of costs are studied: net benefit cost estimates per member per month, continuance table data, and projected annual costs to the government over 10 years for two selected plan designs.Hide
- Authors: Lynette Trygstad, Timothy Feeser, Corey Berger
- Date: Jul 2003
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership>Change management; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Health & Disability>Public financing - Health & Disability; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Forecasting; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Medicare; Technology & Applications>Analytics and informatics