Providing Prescription Drug Coverage for Medicare BeneficiariesProviding Prescription Drug Coverage for Medicare Beneficiaries A summary of Medicare reform ... coverage. Government-funded healthcare;Health care costs;Health care reform;Health economics;Health insuran ...
Description: A summary of Medicare reform and its effect on prescription drug coverage.Hide
- Authors: American Academy of Actuaries
- Date: Jul 2000
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Health & Disability>Health care; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Medicare
Actuarial Issues and Policy ImplicationsActuarial Issues and ... Article from: Long-Term Care News December 2009 – Issue 24 [Editor’s ... and Policy Implications of a Federal Long-Term Care Insurance Program Dear Senator: To address increased ...
Description: A comment letter to policymakers produced jointly by the SOA and AAA presents findings from their actuarial analysis of the proposed CLASS Act. The analysis indicates that the proposed structure and funding approaches will be unsustainable, and will cover only a very small proportion of the intended population. The opt-out and guaranteed issue provisions of the plan pose a risk that soon the program will either need increased premiums and/or significant reductions.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries, American Academy of Actuaries, P J Stallard, Steven Schoonveld
- Date: Dec 2009
- Competency: Communication>Persuasive communication; Leadership>Professional network leverage; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: Long-Term Care News
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Economics>Health economics; Long-term Care>Public financing - Long-term Care