U.K. Reportbusiness through pay- roll tax reduction, and more direct help to small businesses. II. Index-Linked Securities ... particular reference to the re- lationship between direct insurance and reinsurance; the problems fac- ...
Description: This is a report about inflation and index-linked securities in the United Kingdom.Hide
- Authors: Alistair Neill
- Date: May 1982
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Code of Conduct; Economics>Macroeconomics; Finance & Investments>Investments; Global Perspectives
Prospective Returns on Financial Assets and Why the Next Decade will be Different from the Pastadministrationin access of $14 billion. Ted Ladd's primary responsibilitiesthere include, and this an impressivelist ... interesting things was the breakdown of people's primary responsibilities. One of our first questions in ...
Description: This presentation is a section meeting from the 1991 Annual Meeting of the Society of Actuaries, held October 20-23 in Toronto. The guest speaker discusses prospective returns on financial assets, noting that the past, particularly the 1980s, is in many respects irrelevant in making projections of future returns, noting the decade of the 1980s was a nonrecurring and unsustainable period. He provides his thoughts in terms of projected real economic growth, projected inflation, projected real interest rates, and using that data makes projections of returns from a variety of financial assets. Discussion from participants is included. From the Record of Society of Actuaries, Volume 17, No. 4B.Hide
- Authors: Kenneth W Stewart, Edward H Ladd
- Date: Oct 1991
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Economics>Macroeconomics; Finance & Investments>Investments; Global Perspectives