Medicaid Health Plans: Ensuring Appropriate Rates in an Era of Rapid ExpansionMedicaid Health Plans: Ensuring Appropriate Rates in an Era of Rapid Expansion AHIP commissioned ... governance ;Government-funded healthcare ;Health care costs ;Medicaid ;Public finance ;Rate regulation ...
Description: AHIP commissioned the Menges Group to write this white paper on key pressures in the budgetary environment that stress the actuarial soundness of Medicaid rates. Though written by non-actuaries, this white paper thoroughly describes key professionalism topics that face Medicaid actuaries in their daily work.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: Jan 2014
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Professional Values; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Actuarial Profession>Code of Conduct; Actuarial Profession>Ethics; Actuarial Profession>Standards of practice; Enterprise Risk Management>Compliance; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management; Enterprise Risk Management>Governance
How to Make Sure that You Take the Right Road to Enterprise Risk Managementthan planning. Much of this discontent is the direct consequence of a lack of clarity of direction ... management program. A firm like an insurer, whose primary business is risk tak- ing, needs to be clear whether ...
Description: There are many ways to perform Risk Management. For an ERM system to be effective its objectives need to match up with what management wants. But most ERM systems do not have an explicit objective. Part of the essay collection "Risk Metrics for Decision Making and ORSA"Hide
- Authors: David Ingram
- Date: May 2012
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Compliance; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management; Enterprise Risk Management>Governance
Session 45 - Integrated FP&A Projections and “What-if” AnalysisFramework Polling: Where Is Your Company Making Primary Investment Towards End State? A. Bottom Up Modeling ... closely follow federal law. The Sherman Act, is the primary U.S. antitrust law pertaining to association activities ...
Description: Baseline and what-if/stressed projections of cash flows, financial statements and capital requirements are critical inputs to a range of business purposes, including forecasts, risk management, liquidity management, strategic decision making, etc. Forward looking projections have historically been inefficient and performed in silos making it difficult to scale the process as CFOs and CROs ask for more. In this session we discuss challenges of the forecast process and opportunities to meet desired future capabilities. We will also discuss “what-if” analysis and ways to support production of forward looking projections for “what-if” analysis in an efficient way.Hide
- Authors: Youyou Tao, Greta Hager, Emily W Gingrich
- Date: Aug 2019
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk appetite
System and Organization Control Audit: How to Appropriately Plan and Prepare for a Successful OutcomeSystem and Organization Control Audit: How to Appropriately Plan and Prepare for ... closely follow federal law. The Sherman Act, is the primary U.S. antitrust law pertaining to association activities ...
Description: "As outsourcing continues to gain widespread adoption among companies looking for cost-effective, efficient technology solutions, such companies are demanding high levels of assurance from these organizations about the integrity, accuracy, and reliability of the services or products being provided to them, especially when sensitive financial, private, and confidential data are involved. Such assurance is critical for risk management and mitigation at user entities -- which retain responsibility for any outsourced services or products. Organizations can offer clients assurance through System and Organization Control (SOC) reports. These attestations focus on the design and operating effectiveness of controls related to financial reporting or operational controls at organizations. SOC reports have become the market standard for third party attestation and can serve as a powerful testament to your company's commitment to sound operating practices and the company's ability to meet regulatory, compliance, and market demands. Increasingly, SOC is becoming a necessary prerequisite in order to advance in the sales discovery and RFP processes. The presenters directly involved with audit preparation and ongoing audit activity will bring insight regarding these audits and discuss how to appropriately plan and prepare for a successful outcome. Interactive discussion with questions coming from attendees is expected."Hide
- Authors: Amber Damergis, Binita Pradhan, Rajeev Dutt
- Date: Nov 2020
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management; Enterprise Risk Management>Operational risks