Medicaid Health Plans: Ensuring Appropriate Rates in an Era of Rapid ExpansionMedicaid Health Plans: Ensuring Appropriate Rates in an Era of Rapid Expansion AHIP commissioned ... governance ;Government-funded healthcare ;Health care costs ;Medicaid ;Public finance ;Rate regulation ...
Description: AHIP commissioned the Menges Group to write this white paper on key pressures in the budgetary environment that stress the actuarial soundness of Medicaid rates. Though written by non-actuaries, this white paper thoroughly describes key professionalism topics that face Medicaid actuaries in their daily work.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: Jan 2014
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Professional Values; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Actuarial Profession>Code of Conduct; Actuarial Profession>Ethics; Actuarial Profession>Standards of practice; Enterprise Risk Management>Compliance; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management; Enterprise Risk Management>Governance
How to Make Sure that You Take the Right Road to Enterprise Risk Managementthan planning. Much of this discontent is the direct consequence of a lack of clarity of direction ... management program. A firm like an insurer, whose primary business is risk tak- ing, needs to be clear whether ...
Description: There are many ways to perform Risk Management. For an ERM system to be effective its objectives need to match up with what management wants. But most ERM systems do not have an explicit objective. Part of the essay collection "Risk Metrics for Decision Making and ORSA"Hide
- Authors: David Ingram
- Date: May 2012
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Compliance; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management; Enterprise Risk Management>Governance
Model Governance: Controls and Cultureassigned to implement or check inputs. Certainly, care needs to be taken that the people checking the ... elsewhere. OTHER BENEFITS OF MODEL GOVERNANCE The primary advantages of an effective model governance program ...
Description: Explores the applications and techniques of model governance, focusing on benefits such as model literacy, efficiency, and confidence.Hide
- Authors: Uri Sobel, Ryan Krisac, Zohair Motiwalla
- Date: Apr 2018
- Competency: Relationship Management; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: The Modeling Platform
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Governance; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Modeling efficiency