A Review of Root Cause in Insurer Insolvencies and Impairmentsliability; Life & Annuity, Health, including long- term care (LTC); and Health cooperatives. Figure 1 Number ... circumstances. Some insurer insolvencies point to one primary causal driver, such as fraud. However, a majority ...
Description: The article is based on a study of causes of insolvency and decisions made by management, regulators, and policyholders over the life cycle of the insolvency.Hide
- Authors: David Heppen, Veronika Cooper
- Date: Aug 2018
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Internal forces and business performance; Professional Values>Practice expertise; Strategic Insight and Integration>Effective decision-making; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Publication Name: Risk Management
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Operational risks; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk measurement - ERM; Finance & Investments>Investments
Developing a New Management Approach by Combining Risk Management and Controlling as a Change Management Processimpact on the planning. The quantification with a direct link to profit planning replaces the digital and ... The cross-project reviewing approach has a direct feedback on project planning and execution. The ...
Description: Increasing uncertainties and volatility in financial as well as real goods markets increasingly reveal that controlling systems based on deterministic and pseudo-exact values are insufficiently eligible to manage the business activities. This raises the question how management systems can be modified to generate the adequate management impulses in volatile periods. Risk management deals from identifying, evaluating and aggregating chances and risks, which again determine the potential fluctuation range of relevant performance indicators. Everyday corporate life shows that risk management is considered important; but the corresponding processes to identify, evaluate and report chances and risks are seldom part of established decision criteria. This “paradox” lets assume that risks are managed in various differing and unsystematic ways. The combination of traditional controlling methods and risk management is not primarily a methodological challenge. The behavior of the whole organization, practiced over a long-year period, has to be transferred into a new corporate culture of transparent dealing with chances and risks. This paper describes the necessary change management process, which has to come along with necessary methodological modifications.Hide
- Authors: Holger Sommerfeld
- Date: Apr 2012
- Competency: Leadership>Change management; Leadership>Influence; Leadership>Thought leadership; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view; Strategic Insight and Integration>Effective decision-making; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Risk Management
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Enterprise Risk Management>Operational risks; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk appetite; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk categories; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk measurement - ERM; Enterprise Risk Management>Strategic risks; Finance & Investments>Economic capital; Finance & Investments>Economic value; Finance & Investments>Investments