Recent Trends in Individual Life Mortalitywill celebrate its 20th year in business. Our primary business activity over that period of time has ... Volume 23 is $80 less for Company B, the agent will direct the insured or applicant there. The same thing ...
Description: Panelists discuss recent trends in individual life mortality experience, especially for preferred risks, and the impact of agent selection and underwriting exceptions on a company's mortality results. From the 1997 Record of Society of Actuaries, Vol. 23, No. 3.Hide
- Authors: Jay Biehl, Allen Klein, Paul A Schuster, David G W Bragg, Mary J Bahna-Nolan
- Date: Oct 1997
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data>Mortality; Life Insurance>Underwriting - Life Insurance
Predictive Modeling Techniques Applied to Quantifying Mortality RiskPredictive Modeling Techniques Applied to Quantifying Mortality Risk Using the Cox proportional ... indicators of frequent/better quality of health care, which would allow for early detection and mitigation ...
Description: Using the Cox proportional Hazards Model to improve underwriting debits and credits.Hide
- Authors: Vincent Granieri
- Date: Jul 2016
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Publication Name: Predictive Analytics and Futurism Newsletter
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data>Mortality; Life Insurance>Underwriting - Life Insurance; Predictive Analytics