Advanced Risk Management Seminar - New York, December 2002they are all just models and none is “right” so care must be taken to choose the best model for the situa- ... Insurers – Chris Tahbaz, Debevoise & Plimpton The primary legal risk of insurers in the 1990s was the risk ...
Description: An overview of the recent Advanced Risk Management Seminar New York, December 2002.Hide
- Authors: Catherine Ehrlich, Hubert B Mueller, David Ingram
- Date: Jul 2003
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Publication Name: Risks & Rewards
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management; Finance & Investments
Credit Spreads, Asset Return Assumptions and the Fair Value of Liabilitiesthis presentation, I'm going to argue that the primary purpose of the general purpose accounting system ... prospective owners are not the primary users and that some of the others are the primary users, you could go the ...
Description: This presentation is an open forum, session 58OF, from the 2004 Spring Meeting of the Society of Actuaries, held June 14-15 in San Antonio, TX. The panelists present both theoretical and practical perspectives of the role of assumed asset returns and credit spreads in determining the fair value of policyholder liabilities. They cover financial economics, how other financial service companies value liabilities, what factors go into determining an appropriate discount rate for insurance liabilities, and issues currently being debated by the International Accounting Standards Board [IASB], and the Financial Accounting Standards Board [FASB]. Discussion from participants is included. From the Record of Society of Actuaries, Volume 30, No. 2.Hide
- Authors: Sam Gutterman, Burton Jay, Larry Rubin, Hubert B Mueller
- Date: Jun 2004
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Fair value accounting; Global Perspectives