Economic Risk Capital: Part 1joined Standard & Poor's in the fall of 2000. His primary responsibilities there include analyzing and rating ... by a factor of two, and, in fact, companies might care about that very much because when spreads are wide ...
Description: Economic capital is an embedded part of the banking risk management and regulatory framework. The insurance industry has relied on rating agency and regulatory formulas that have been criticized as overcapitalizing and not appropriately differentiating risk drivers in the capital formulation. The emergence of C-3 Phase I and C-3 Phase II have introduced an economic approach to capital in the insurance industry. This half-day seminar takes a detailed look at the subject of economic capital. From the Record of the Society of Actuaries 2005, Volume 31, No. 1: 2005 New Orleans Life Spring Meeting, May 22-24, 2005, Session 9 Seminar.Hide
- Authors: Hubert B Mueller, Application Administrator, Jose Siberon
- Date: May 2005
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Capital management - ERM; Finance & Investments>Economic capital
Capital and Hedge Modeling for Variable Annuitiesyou care about the long-term statutory balance sheet. If you’re a company, you may very well care about ... 5 that if you’re not diversified, we don’t care how much capital you hold, it’s inadequate, you ...
Description: Panelists discuss economic capital, capital modeling, and hedge modeling, especially for guaranteed living benefits [GLBs] on variable annuities. Session 34PD of the 2005 Valuation Actuary Symposium.Hide
- Authors: Hubert B Mueller, Application Administrator, Ulrich Stengele
- Date: Jan 2005
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Capital management - Finance & Investments; Finance & Investments>Economic capital; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Stochastic models