Session 114: Integrated FP&A Projections and “What-if” AnalysisUNDERSTANDING THAT EACH INVESTOR WILL, WITH DUE CARE, MAKE ITS OWN STUDY AND EVALUATION OF EACH SECURITY ... licensors and suppliers disclaim liability for any direct or compensatory losses or damages caused to any ...
Description: Baseline and "what if"/stressed projections of cash flows, financial statements and capital requirements are critical inputs for a range of business purposes: forecasts, risk management, liquidity management, strategic decision making, etc. Forward-looking projections have historically been inefficient and were performed in silos, making it difficult to scale the process as CFOs and CROs ask for more. The presenters discuss challenges of the forecast process and opportunities to meet desired future capabilities. They will also discuss "what if" analysis and ways to support production of forward-looking projections for "what if" analysis in an efficient way.Hide
- Authors: Alexandre Lemieux, Youyou Tao, Jordan Edwards
- Date: Feb 2020
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk appetite; Financial Reporting & Accounting; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Generally Accepted Accounting Principles [GAAP]
Digest of Discussion at Concurrent Sessions - 1974 SOA Meetings, Dallas and Montreal.of their influence concerning their intended primary use, which is to measure the financial stability ... for specific areas. For instance, in the health care area, the surge in costs may bear little relationship ...
Description: 1974 SOA Meetings, Dallas and Montreal. This paper is the digest of discussions held at concurrent sessions of the referenced meeting. Topics covered: 1. CORPORATE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF STOCK LIFE INSURANCE COMPANIES. 2. PENSION FUNDING ASSUMPTIONS. 3. DIRECTIONS AND GOALS OF ACTUARIAL RESEARCH. 4. VARIABLE LIFE DEVELOPMENTS. 5. LIFE INSURANCE AND CONSUMERISM. From Transactions of the Society of Actuaries 1974, Vol. 26, Pt.2D, No. 75 AB.Hide
- Authors: Leroy V Botkin
- Date: Oct 1974
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Actuarial Profession; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Generally Accepted Accounting Principles [GAAP]; Pensions & Retirement>Funding; Public Policy