An Overview of Health Issues and Recent Developments for the Non-Health Actuarysession discussed about expected trends in medical care costs, changes in Medicare reimbursement practices ... responsibility for providing long-term care, rise of managed health care, new and old participants, selection ...
Description: This session discussed about expected trends in medical care costs, changes in Medicare reimbursement practices and their short- and long-term effects, the emerging responsibility for providing long-term care, rise of managed health care, new and old participants, selection issues, multiple options, and small group market.Hide
- Authors: Phyllis Doran, Roland E King, Charles Larimer, Joseph W Moran, John K Ninomiya
- Date: Apr 1986
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Leadership>Change management; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Experience Studies & Data; Health & Disability>Health care; Long-term Care>Long-term care insurance; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Medicare
New SOA Research Study Evaluates Cost Impact of Drug Therapy for Crohn’s Diseasecould play an important role in the national health care debate. Given the rapid increase in the cost of ... Shah. The research team proposed to compare health care utilization and expenditures between individuals ...
Description: This article discusses a study of the impact of the drug infliximab on Crohn's disease patients. This study had been approved in response to an SOA request for proposals for research on the health cost and utilization effects of a specific prescription drug.Hide
- Authors: Steven Siegel
- Date: May 2009
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Leadership>Professional network leverage; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Academic partnerships; Experience Studies & Data; Health & Disability>Chronic health management - Health & Disability; Health & Disability>Health care
To Be Continued - PHCCSTo Be Continued - PHCCS Summary ... of the 1974 report of the HIAA Prevailing Health Care Charges System which contains data from about 900 ...
Description: Summary of the 1974 report of the HIAA Prevailing Health Care Charges System which contains data from about 900,000 charges for up to 1,600 different surgical procedures, summarized for 250 geographical areas. From The Actuary Vol. 9, No. 7Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator
- Date: Sep 1975
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data; Health & Disability>Health care