The Impact of AIDS on Life and Health Insurance Companies: A Guide for Practicing Actuarieson the other hand may increase the cost of health care by requiring longer and more expensive treatment ... ultimate death were reviewed by the Task Force. The primary model used by the Task Force was the model by ...
Description: This report has been assembled by the Task Force as a comprehensive guide to practicing actuaries in evaluating the impact of AIDS on the solvency of life and health insurance companies in the US and Canada. From Transactions of Society of Actuaries 1988, Vol. 40, Pt. 2.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Robert Beal, Jay P Boekhoff, David J Christianson, Ronald Colby, Michael Cowell, Gary E Dahlman, David Holland, Walter H Hoskins, William C Koenig, Barbara Lautzenheiser, Richard W Mathes, Thomas W Reese, John E Tiller, Harry A Woodman, Michael L Zurcher
- Date: Oct 1988
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Health & Disability>Disability insurance; Health & Disability>Health insurance; Life Insurance
Product Design/Pricing with Bonus Featureswith tomorrow's crisis - today's crisis is health care. Tomorrow's crisiswill be adequate retirementincome ... 65 are going to have to take care of them- selves while they try to care for their parents. That means ...
Description: 1993 SOA Annual Meeting, New York. This session is about product design and pricing of products with bonus features. Topics included: 1. The need for maximum long-term benefits. 2. Designs that maximize long-term benefits. 3. Reasons we should focus on benefits and not cash values. 4. Principles of equity behind bonus features. 5. A practical method to define equity. 6. A summary of current regulatory activity. 7. The definition of equity. 8. The need for cash values. 9. Reasons for considering maximum limits on non-guaranteed elements. 10. Disclosure of non-guaranteed elements. 11. Reserving practices.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Ted E Becker, Barbara Lautzenheiser
- Date: Oct 1993
- Competency: Results-Oriented Solutions
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Annuities; Life Insurance; Public Policy