Regulatory Expectations from Asset Adequacy Analysisadequacy standards. The insurance department's primary regulatory focus is the industry domiciled in ... reliance. If I 'm an actuary for a company and I direct a subordinate to do a certain set of calculations ...
Description: This session from the 1994 Valuation Actuary Symposium discusses expectations from asset adequacy analysis including the process of financial condition examination by regulatory authorities, asset cash flows particularly related to mortgages, reliance on investment professionals and recent developments at the NAIC level.Hide
- Authors: J Duran, John F Gies, Larry M Gorski, Mark D Peavy
- Date: Jan 1994
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Investments; Modeling & Statistical Methods; Public Policy
Specific Asset Modeling Issues and Applications Beyond Cash-Flow TestingSpecific Asset Modeling Issues and Applications Beyond Cash-Flow Testing This session from ... independent models. Corporate debt securities are the primary example of an optionable security with a single ...
Description: This session from the 1994 Valuation Actuary Symposium covers the collapse of the real estate market in the early 1990's and the problems it created in cash flow testing and valuation work. It also covers an integrated asset/liability model and the applications beyond cash flow testing including an example for an SPDA.Hide
- Authors: Jeremy Brown, Catherine Ehrlich, Douglas A George
- Date: Jan 1994
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Investments; Modeling & Statistical Methods