Ask The Expertsasked was, What do regulators want? And I think a direct answer to that is, I don't know. 314 ASK ... reinsured business? A reinsurer often has hundreds of direct riders sending reserve information to it. Also ...
Description: 1996 Valuation Actuary Symposium. Questions asked and answered included: 1. What do regulators expect or want as far as asset adequacy analysis for shorter-term liabilities such as IBNR? 2. What responsibility does the appointed actuary have in verifying reserves for reinsured business? 3. If the assets for the market value adjusted annuity are held in a separate account and valued at market, what rates should be used to present value the projected guaranteed benefits? 4. May a company perform the cash-flow testing based on the low level of reserves held in the domiciliary state rather than the higher reserve actually held in the state with the special state in filing? 5. Have there been any situations where an opining valuation actuary has been held personally responsible?Hide
- Authors: David N Becker, Craig R Raymond, Francis Sabatini, Stephen N Steinig
- Date: Jan 1996
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Finance & Investments; Public Policy
Valuation Issues Arising from the Current Economic Environmentgreater. We have demographics concerning health care, pension systems and the labor force, which we ... the hedge program right. The hedge program doesn't care about the value of volatility in the marketplace ...
Description: 2003 Valuation Actuary Symposium, San Diego, CA. The panelists discussed issues arising from current financial trends that have had a more profound impact in restructuring our professional life than in any similar period in memory.Hide
- Authors: David A Ricci, Francis Sabatini
- Date: Sep 2003
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Topics: Financial Reporting & Accounting>Statutory accounting; Public Policy
Equity-Indexed Products - Financial Issuesis the participation rate. I think that is the primary basis of competition and why you see companies ... companies are doing, can we be a little bit more direct as to what we see are the major threats to this ...
Description: 1999 Valuation Actuary Symposium, Los Angeles. This session focused on how the industry has responded to the financial management challenges associated with Equity-Indexed products. Topics included: 1. Investment hedging and market volatility. 2. Product modeling. 3. Participation rate competition. 4. Product evolution. 5. GAAP for Derivatives - FAS 133.Hide
- Authors: Barbara Snyder, Francis Sabatini, Douglas A George, Kevin F Leavey
- Date: Sep 1999
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Annuities>Equity-indexed annuities; Life Insurance; Public Policy