ReinsuranceInsurance Company. 985 906 OPEN FORUM We sampled direct claim experience for the years 1978 to 1982 to ... and reflect this experience in actual pricing. Direct writers should do the same and not insist on making ...
Description: This session from the 1983 SOA Vancouver Meeting reviews the Business Mens Assurance's computerized mortality study on its reinsured business. It also discusses smoker/non-smoker mortality assumptions, surplus relief via traditional coinsurance and mod-co and TEFRA impact on reinsurance. From Record of Society of Actuaries Vol. 9, No. 3Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Gordon K Dowsley, Denis W Loring, John E Tiller, Michael R. Winn
- Date: May 1983
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data>Mortality; Reinsurance
Session 196: Evolving Baseline and Long-Term Mortality Improvement Assumptions for Pension Plans and PRT Insurerseffect for males than for females.” ..and the care needed in constructing multivariate tables… “As ... reasing retirement benefit amount.” ..and the care needed in constructing multivariate tables… “A ...
Description: The presenters will explore the current state of the North American mortality baseline and long-term improvement assumptions and determine what we can learn from the UK's approach. They will share research done by the Society of Actuaries and other organizations to describe how to build a better model, plus show the impact socio-economics and other factors have on longevity expectations. The presenters will offer suggestions for how U.S. and Canadian pension plan and insurance actuaries--and the industry itself--can best use this research to develop a better model for the risk management of pension plans and group annuitiesHide
- Authors: Steven Baxter, Marc-André Simard, Richard Brown
- Date: Mar 2020
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data; Experience Studies & Data>Mortality; Reinsurance; Reinsurance>Pricing - Reinsurance