Those Wonderful Long-Term Care Insurance Section TracksLong-Term Care Insurance Section Tracks Highlights from the 8th Intercompany Long-Term Care Insurance ... consisting of 56 sessions covering a range of long-term care insurance LTCI topics each with a track-specific ...
Description: Highlights from the 8th Intercompany Long-Term Care Insurance Conference held in March 2008, consisting of 56 sessions covering a range of long-term care insurance LTCI topics each with a track-specific focus.Hide
- Authors: Laurel Kastrup, Alisa Johnson Widmer
- Date: Feb 2009
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership>Thought leadership; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Long-Term Care News
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Entrepreneurism; Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Enterprise Risk Management; Experience Studies & Data; Finance & Investments>Asset liability management; Long-term Care>Long-term care insurance; Public Policy
Coinsurance as a Capital Optimization Tool in Korea: Attracting Increased External Capital Through Alignment with Global PracticesCoinsurance as a Capital Optimization Tool in Korea: Attracting Increased External Capital Through ... interest rate risk is partially transferred. The primary reason for the incomplete risk transfer is due ...
Description: In 2020, the Korean insurance regulator, Financial Services Commission (FSC), introduced a coinsurance structure allowing for full risk transfer—including investment risk, interest rate risk, insurance risk, and policyholder lapse risk—as a permitted practice. Expanding use of coinsurance in the Korean insurance market brings a suite of potential benefits to Korean insurance companies including increased financial flexibility, options to improve policyholder protection and shareholder value through optimization of business strategies. As such, FSC’s initiative and intention to introduce coinsurance opportunities to the market is commendable.Hide
- Authors: Seong Weon Park, Dean Kerr, Kathryn van Ryn
- Date: Jul 2021
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: International News
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management; Public Policy