2018 Valuation Actuary Symposium2018 Valuation Actuary Symposium The 2018 SOA Valuation Actuary Symposium covers a ... Corporate Sponsors SOA Premier Corporate Sponsors SOA Primary Corporate Sponsors 14918 Important Dates 6442482217 ...
Description: The 2018 SOA Valuation Actuary Symposium covers a range of content relevant to the finance, health and life industries. Attend to increase your acumen on the latest topics in valuation and financial reporting.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: May 2018
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Professional Values; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Actuarial Profession; Enterprise Risk Management; Experience Studies & Data; Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting; Health & Disability; Modeling & Statistical Methods; Public Policy; Reinsurance; Technology & Applications
2019 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit2019 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit Evolve with today’s disruptive technology. Empower ... width: 100%; } } SOA Premier Corporate Sponsor SOA Primary Corporate Sponsors <script type="application/ld+json"> ...
Description: Evolve with today’s disruptive technology. Empower yourself through innovation. Elevate the actuarial profession. It all begins at the 2019 SOA Annual Meeting & Exhibit, where you’ll learn new techniques, examine current industry trends, and witness the technology defining the actuarial future. Embrace it all—the informative sessions, the innovative exhibits, and the unmatched networking opportunities. Embrace change today to create a stronger tomorrow for the actuarial profession.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: Oct 2019
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership; Professional Values; Relationship Management; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Actuarial Profession; Annuities; Demography; Economics; Enterprise Risk Management; Experience Studies & Data; Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting; General Insurance (Property & Casualty); Global Perspectives; Health & Disability; Life Insurance; Long-term Care; Modeling & Statistical Methods; Pensions & Retirement; Predictive Analytics; Public Policy; Reinsurance; Social Insurance; Technology & Applications
Why the Current Practice of Operational Risk Management in Insurance is Fundamentally Flawed: Evidence From the FieldBasel II defines operational risk as “the risk of direct or indirect loss resulting from inadequate or ... where a strategy that was not formulated with due care and skill turned into a good strategy. For example ...
Description: This paper evaluates the current practice of operational risk management in the insurance sector. Operational risk is nothing new in insurance, but, because of regulatory requirements, companies have initiated computation of risk capital for their operational losses. The current effort to manage operational risk is not a naturally evolving phenomenon, and operational risk, in the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision’s Basel II definition, is unlikely to be a significant cause of insurers’ failure. In addition, the current Basel II definition of operational risk is not suitable for the insurance sector. Consequently, the invention of models and tools based on the definition is incomplete and illusionary. My findings are based on the analysis of dozens of interviews with insurance industry professionals. I demonstrate the way operational risk is quantified in practice, show that the result obtained from this computation is of littl e use in managerial decision making and propose a set of policy recommendations illustrating the characteristics of operational risk in insurance. This study can be used as a platform for launching dialogues to initiate fresh thinking about operational risk in insurance beyond the current artificial and narrow boundaries.Hide
- Authors: Madhu Acharyya
- Date: Apr 2012
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Risk Management
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management; Finance & Investments; Modeling & Statistical Methods
Implementation and Modeling Emerging Practices for Life PBRImplementation and Modeling Emerging Practices for Life PBR Mandatory implementation of life ... Acceleration of benefit (non-zero cost) 37% Long-term care 34% Acceleration of benefit (zero cost) 32% THE ...
Description: Mandatory implementation of life principle-based reserves (PBR) is just around the corner, and there is no shortage of work to do, as most products have yet to be moved to PBR. Oliver Wyman recently completed its 2019 PBR survey, with more than 40 participants covering 85 percent of the individual life market, including 23 of the top 25 life writers and five reinsurers. This article will expand on the key survey findings including implementation status and model simplifications.Hide
- Authors: Simon Gervais , Kevin Carr, Haley Christine Jeorgesen , Chris Whitney
- Date: Dec 2019
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: The Financial Reporter
- Topics: Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Pricing - Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Reserves - Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Secondary guarantees; Life Insurance>Term life; Life Insurance>Product development - Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Universal life; Life Insurance>Whole life; Modeling & Statistical Methods