Health Insurance and the Valuation Actuarytesting;Disability insurance;Group health plans;Health care reform;Health maintenance organization=HMO ;Health ... valuation tables;Long-term care=LTC;Long-term care insurance=LTCI;Managed care;Medicaid;Medicare;National ...
Description: Panelists discuss the role of the valuation actuary in health insurance. From the Record of the Society of Actuaries, Vol. 24, No. 2.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Michael Francescone, Frank E Knorr, Glenn A Giese
- Date: Jun 1998
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Health & Disability>Disability insurance; Health & Disability>Health care; Health & Disability>Health insurance; Long-term Care>Long-term care insurance
Report of the Committee to Recommend New Disability Tables for Valuationlong-term disability (LTD) experience was the primary influ- ence for rates from the latter part of ... of two X 2 values equal another X e value is the direct result of using the Likelihood Ratio ×2. First ...
Description: The Committee's charge was to develop new disability tables for possible adoption by appropriate authorities for valuation of individual policy reserves, i.e. active life reserves, and individual and group claim reserves for disabled lives. It was generally agreed that the current valuation table, the 1964 Commissioner’s Disability Table, ‘1964 CDT,’ was no longer appropriate for several reasons. This paper presents the detailed results of the committee's findings and their recommendations. From the 1985 Transactions, Vol. 37.Hide
- Authors: Bryant O Gamble, W Duane Kidwell, Frank E Knorr, Roland E Nelson, James Olsen, Richard Ostuw, Donald M Pearsall, Robert Shapland, William J Taylor, CHARLES WILLIAM DANIELS, JOHN HAYNES MILLER, Edward J Seligman, David S Cox
- Date: Oct 1985
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data>Disability