2020 Life and Annuity Symposium Webcast Series - Product Track Recordings2020 Life and Annuity Symposium Webcast Series - Product Track Recordings The variable annuity landscape ... financial security, behavioral finance 18596 1018 7/17/2020 12:00:00 AM Society of Actuaries ...
Description: The variable annuity landscape is experiencing a wave of accounting and regulatory changes, resulting in companies needing to further contemplate the resulting impacts and challenges facing these VA blocks. The industry must continue to evolve to integrate NAIC reform and GAAP Long Duration Targeted Improvement (LDTI) and ultimately consider solutions – such as reinsurance – to manage the business. A panel of industry leaders across different disciplines will consider the changing environment and share their perspectives on these developments that are impacting inforce variable annuity blocks.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: Jul 2020
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Relationship Management; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Annuities; Demography; Life Insurance
Recent Developments in Recent LTC Rate Increase LitigationRecent Developments in Recent LTC Rate Increase Litigation From past to present, this article discusses ... 3 Id. 4 Wegoland Ltd. v. NYNEX Corp., 27 F.3d 17, 19 (2d Cir. 1994). 5 See, e.g., Horwitz v. Bankers ...
Description: From past to present, this article discusses what has happened in rate increase litigation, and how we got to where we are now. The article also discusses a possible "future" wave of rate increase litigation for insurers and counsel to be aware of as they move forward with rate increases in the future.Hide
- Authors: Nolan Tully, Steve Brogan
- Date: Jun 2020
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Long-Term Care News
- Topics: Long-term Care; Long-term Care>Long-term care insurance; Long-term Care>Long-term care pricing; Long-term Care>Rates - Long-term Care
Proposed Regulations on Ownership Change Present Issues for Insurance CompaniesProposed Regulations on Ownership Change Present Issues for Insurance Companies This article ... the proposed regulations. (See letter, page 19.) 17 The proposed regulations take the position that the ...
Description: This article presents a high-level overview of the Federal Income tax rules in section 382 regarding limitations on the use of losses after an ownership change takes place and summarizes problems and issues for the insurance industry in proposed regulations under section 382 as summarized in comments made by the industry and the ACLIHide
- Authors: Samuel A Mitchell, Arthur C Schneider
- Date: Jun 2020
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Taxing Times
- Topics: Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Tax accounting