Risk Management, August 2014, Issue 30to assess how well we are doing in meeting the primary objectives established for the section council ... income, long-term care, auto, homeowners, commercial lines— ideally from a primary and reinsurer perspective) ...
Description: Complete issue of the August 2014 Risk Management newsletter.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries, B John Manistre, Edward Tom, Grace Koo, Jun He, Benjamin Neff, Barry Franklin, Max Rudolph, Ira Jersey, Timothy S Paris
- Date: Aug 2014
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Professional Values; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view; Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Risk Management
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Capital markets; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk appetite; Finance & Investments>Asset allocation
Enterprise Risk ManagementEnterprise Risk Management Actuaries are trained to measure and manage risks, for example, mortality, morbidity, interest rate, and asset ... that objective, although it's probably not the primary purpose.
Description: Actuaries are trained to measure and manage risks, for example, mortality, morbidity, interest rate, and asset default risks. However, the range of risks to which companies are exposed is wider than is sometimes considered. This complex array of risks needs to be managed holistically in concert and not in isolation. The actuary is increasingly called upon to assist in this process and needs a broader perspective and more powerful toolkit. From the Record of the Society of Actuaries, Volume 26, No. 3: Chicago Annual Meeting, October 15-18, 2000, Session 54PD.Hide
- Authors: Max Rudolph, Francis Sabatini, Russell Osborn
- Date: Sep 2000
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>General business skills; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional development; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management