Linking Quality and Cost: An Analysis of the Hospital Quality Information Initiative MeasuresLinking Quality and Cost: An Analysis of the Hospital Quality Information Initiative Measures Analysis ... informatics;Hospitalization;Payment reforms=Health care payment reforms; 6754 11/1/2006 12:00:00 AM ...
Description: Analysis of possible mathematical relationships between hospital quality and hospital billed or allowed charges or other measures, using quality data as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services along with the Hospital Quality Alliance for their Hospital Quality Initiative.Hide
- Authors: John Cookson, Eileen A Kurtz
- Date: Nov 2006
- Competency: Communication; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data; Health & Disability>Health care quality; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Data mining; Social Insurance>Medicare
Projected Cost Analysis of Potential Medicare Pharmacy Plan Designssignificant current public policy issues in health care is the lack of coverage for prescription drugs ... prescription drug claims data provided by Medicare managed care contributors and contains experience for over 50 ...
Description: Research report sponsored by SOA to model and compare projected costs of different proposals for a Medicare prescription drug coverage plan. 3 types of costs are studied: net benefit cost estimates per member per month, continuance table data, and projected annual costs to the government over 10 years for two selected plan designs.Hide
- Authors: Lynette Trygstad, Timothy Feeser, Corey Berger
- Date: Jul 2003
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership>Change management; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Health & Disability>Public financing - Health & Disability; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Forecasting; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Medicare; Technology & Applications>Analytics and informatics
Analysis of the Rapidly Expanding Companyingenious, and provocative, but not of as much direct use to me as I hoped, although certain modifications ... impressive as those shown. I assume that the primary purpose of including this table is to support ...
Description: The objective of this paper is to demonstrate that the long-term trends in the rate of company expansion affect policyholder costs and estimate the amount of the impact. Followed by several discussion papers submittedHide
- Authors: Mohamed F Amer, James C Hickman, J Bruce MacDonald, Peter L J Ryall, Bert A Winter
- Date: Mar 1963
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Capital management - Finance & Investments; Life Insurance>Pricing - Life Insurance; Public Policy