ERM Opportunities for Health Practitionerswill drive the level of commitment to ERM. The primary findings of this research project are 1. Health ... with specific expertise tied to the company’s primary risks. Actuaries have a broad set of skills that ...
Description: Summary of recent SOA-sponsored research on Enterprise Risk Management practices as applied to health insurers, self-insured plans, and health finance professionals.Hide
- Authors: Max Rudolph
- Date: May 2010
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Leadership>Change management; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Alternative careers; Actuarial Profession>Best practices; Enterprise Risk Management; Enterprise Risk Management>Compliance
Personal Risk Manager: Driver of ResilienceSocial Security benefits or buying a long-term care policy for parents, the wealth manager has historically ... like health care, retirement savings, college, vacations, second homes and nursing home care. This process ...
Description: To be financially "well" is unique to an individual. Following a hierarchy of needs is key, along with saving more than the talking heads tell you to.Hide
- Authors: Max Rudolph
- Date: Apr 2017
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view; Strategic Insight and Integration>Effective decision-making; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Topics: Economics>Behavioral economics; Finance & Investments>Portfolio management - Finance & Investments; Pensions & Retirement>Retirement risks; Pensions & Retirement>Risk management
Enterprise Risk Management Meets Unified Valuation SystemEuropean Union is looking at for 2005, their primary source is the Basel II framework, which is designed ... review, and market discipline via disclosure. The primary thing that it does to the regulators is to change ...
Description: There appears to be many similarities between enterprise risk management techniques and the theory underlying the unified valuation system UVS. What are the challenges of each, and can the methods learn from each other? From the Record of the Society of Actuaries, Volume 27, No. 2: Toronto Spring Meeting.June 20–22, 2001, Session 58PD.Hide
- Authors: Max Rudolph, Francis Sabatini, Robert Wilcox
- Date: Sep 2000
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional development; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management