Complex Liability Modeling IssuesComplex Liability Modeling Issues From a session at the 2001 Valuation Actuary Symposium, held ... reporting or other corporate purposes. The primary focus is modeling issues for variable product features ...
Description: From a session at the 2001 Valuation Actuary Symposium, held in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, November 29-30, 2001 Teaching session covering the development of realistic liability models for use in asset adequacy analysis, asset/liability management, pricing/repricing, financial reporting or other corporate purposes. The primary focus is modeling issues for variable product features, such as minimum living or death benefit guarantees on both variable life and annuities, annuity death benefit enhancements, and variable immediate annuities. Topics include: • Analysis of the special risks posed by these products • Selecting realistic dynamic assumptions • Techniques used in modeling these products • Scenario testing and result presentation to best communicate risksHide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Thomas J Mitchell, John M O'Sullivan, Joseph M Rafson
- Date: Nov 2001
- Competency: Communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Topics: Annuities>Pricing - Annuities; Annuities>Reserves - Annuities; Annuities>Variable annuities; Finance & Investments>Asset liability management; Modeling & Statistical Methods
Financial Underwriting for Individual Life Insuranceinsurable interest. In those circumstances extra care must be taken in underwriting the financial risk ... amount of personal insurance permissible is a direct function of the proportion of income deemed properly ...
Description: Discussion of financial underwriting issues and methods for individual life insurance. Followed by discussion papers submitted by several authorsHide
- Authors: John Gummere, Michael Hale, Robert E Hunstad, Courtland C Smith, Charles N Walker, Harry A Woodman, Andrew C Webster, Maxwell Baskin, Alexander Marshall, Application Administrator
- Date: Oct 1973
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Life Insurance>Underwriting - Life Insurance
Implementing the Illustration Regulation: The Clock is Tickingmonumental, and I should hasten to point out that greater care taken by the appointed illustration actuary can ... underdelivered in the product that was illustrated. The primary reason for the failure was a change in the investment ...
Description: Presented at October 1996 Annual Meeting. Discusses the new regulatory requirements, including the invention of an illustration actuary and what the job entails, and the tasks to be accomplished in achieving compliance.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, David Karo, Daniel Theodore, Robert E Wilcox
- Date: Oct 1996
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Professional Values; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Annuities>Marketing and distribution - Annuities; Life Insurance>Marketing and distribution - Life Insurance; Public Policy