Risk-Based Capital - ValAct01risk; C-1, asset risk related to nonaffiliates, primary defaults, and fluctuations in market value; and ... guarantees beyond one year and a credit for managed care. For life insurance, the factors are based on net ...
Description: From a session at the 2001 Valuation Actuary Symposium, held in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, November 29-30, 2001 Panel discussion overview of current risk-based capital RBC requirements of life insurers, as well as insight into topical issues and potential changes to RBC. Items covered include: • Recap of RBC law and RBC calculation rules • Tax impact on the factors • Common stock issue • C-3 testing • Proposed C-3 testing for Variable Annuity Guaranteed Living Benefits VAGLB • Liquidity risk issueHide
- Authors: Larry J Bruning, Alastair G Longley-Cook, James Reiskytl, David L Braun, Lori L Helge, Robert A Brown
- Date: Nov 2001
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Topics: Finance & Investments>Risk measurement - Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Statutory accounting
Capital Requirements for Investment Risks - Regulatory, Rating Agency and Economic Approachesmarket. For the home service industry, they didn't care. How do you allocate capital? Who pays for that ... within a legal entity. Let's say you had long-term-care business in the same entity as a bunch of fixed ...
Description: From a session at the Spring meeting of the Society of Actuaries held in San Antonio, Texas, June 14-15, 2004 Speakers discuss the approaches to quantifying investment risk, including the credit risk subcomponent and mismatch risk sub-component in the three different types of risk-based capital RBC framework commonly used, such as regulatory, rating agency and company-specific economic-based formulas.Hide
- Authors: Michael J O'Connor, Jeff Gimbel, Christian Shiemke, Jose Siberon, Nathan Hardiman
- Date: Jun 2004
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Risk measurement - ERM; Finance & Investments>Risk measurement - Finance & Investments; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Statutory accounting