Medicare Advantage Hierarchical Condition Categories: Updated Study ResultsMedicare Advantage Hierarchical Condition Categories: Updated Study Results Summary and analysis of ... Advantage population Medicare;Risk adjustment;Health care reform 4294993961 1/1/2013 12:00:00 AM ...
Description: Summary and analysis of the diseases and conditions exhibited in the Medicare Advantage populationHide
- Authors: Corey Berger, Eric P Goetsch
- Date: Jan 2013
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Health & Disability>Health risks; Social Insurance>Medicare
Medicare Testimony - Actuary Addresses Congressional SubcommitteeMedicare eligibility. The AAPCC is applied to a managed care plan’s population, and the results are modified ... ment related to President Bill Clinton’s health care plan, subject of much heated discussion before its ...
Description: Summary of testimony by an AAA Board member before a congressional subcommittee, as an expert on risk assessment and adjustment, especially in relation to Medicare risk contracting and HMO payments. She recommended: mitigating the geographical region values, credibility weights for payments to health plans, carving out high cost claim segments, reengineering the ACR methodology, shifting AAPCC methodology from fee-for-service toward competitive bidding, and further projects to improve risk methods.Hide
- Authors: Jacqueline Bitowt
- Date: Apr 1997
- Competency: Communication>Oral communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Leadership>Influence; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: The Actuary Magazine
- Topics: Health & Disability>Health risks; Health & Disability>Payment models; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Medicare