Model Governance: Controls and Cultureassigned to implement or check inputs. Certainly, care needs to be taken that the people checking the ... elsewhere. OTHER BENEFITS OF MODEL GOVERNANCE The primary advantages of an effective model governance program ...
Description: Explores the applications and techniques of model governance, focusing on benefits such as model literacy, efficiency, and confidence.Hide
- Authors: Uri Sobel, Ryan Krisac, Zohair Motiwalla
- Date: Apr 2018
- Competency: Relationship Management; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: The Modeling Platform
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Governance; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Modeling efficiency
Session 82 - Model Architecture Case Studies: Are Your Models Ready for the Future?Session 82 - Model Architecture Case Studies: Are Your Models Ready for the Future? ... closely follow federal law. The Sherman Act, is the primary U.S. antitrust law pertaining to association activities ...
Description: External pressure on insurers is higher than ever, as new requirements take effect under PBR, GAAP targeted improvements, and IFRS 17. Financial reporting requirements are only becoming more complex and run time-intensive. Insurers are under pressure to meet these new requirements while maintaining effective governance and controls, which places strain on model infrastructure. More than ever before, insurers will benefit from a strong model architecture that supports efficient model updates, increases automation, integrates strong controls and shifts actuarial time from model runs to analytics and insight. Most of this session on model architecture will be devoted to an interactive case study discussion, with an introduction to cover the definition and principles of model architecture and a recap to summarize lessons learned from group discussion. There will be a case study for each area of model architecture: Inputs Calculation engine design Outputs and analytics Quarterly reporting process Model development cycle Each case study will include common pitfalls and best practices for the group to discuss. Attendees will also be encouraged to share observations of architecture within their organizations to give the group a sense for the current range of practice in the industry.Hide
- Authors: Corey A Carriker, Melanie Dunn, Gregory Mackenzie, Charles Frank Deak
- Date: Aug 2019
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration
- Topics: Modeling & Statistical Methods>Modeling efficiency
Spark: the Next-generation Processing Engine for Big DataSpark: the Next-generation Processing Engine for Big Data Spark offers a way to get some dramatic ... widely adopted as a tool for big data in IT, health care, financial services, telecommunica- tion and life ...
Description: Spark offers a way to get some dramatic speed and scalability advantages over the Map-reduce methodology whenever you are doing iterative data processing and particularly when you want interactive data analysis capability. Find out why “lazy execution” can be a desirable characteristic when dealing with big data.Hide
- Authors: Dihui Lai, Qichun Xu
- Date: Dec 2015
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Predictive Analytics and Futurism Newsletter
- Topics: Modeling & Statistical Methods>Data mining; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Modeling efficiency