Addressing the Financial Risks from Retirement Systems Seminar: Beyond Private Enterprise: Risks in Social Security, Medicare, and Government Planschanging careers and there are significant health care issues. There was a big article in this morning's ... Motors (GM) is threatening to just pull its health care with United Automobile Workers (UAW) if they don't ...
Description: This presentation from Session 73 of the SOA June 2005 New Orleans Health/Pension Spring Meeting discusses the emerging risks faced by Social Security, Medicare, and other public sector retirement plans. From the Record of the Society of Actuaries, Vol. 31, No. 2.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, Stephen Goss, Lawrence A Johansen, Clare M McFarland
- Date: Jun 2005
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Pensions & Retirement>Public sector plans; Pensions & Retirement>Risk management
Health ExpectancyHealthy 5-3 Incidence Rates to Skilled Nursing Care 5-4 Incidence Rates, Average Stay, and Claim Cost ... (2) needs assisted living and (3) needs skilled care. Comparisons are given with external sources. As ...
Description: This paper defines health expectancy as that part of life expectancy where the person is expected to be healthy. It also breaks down the remainder of life expectancy into two unhealthy categories, one where assisted living will be necessary, and one where a skilled nursing facility will be necessary. These expectations are calculated for many combinations of age, other demographic characteristics, and current health issues.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, John M Bragg, James C Brooks
- Date: Feb 2010
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Publication Name: Actuarial Practice Forum
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data>Morbidity; Pensions & Retirement>Risk management