Escaping the Addiction – From Preferred Payer to Rational PricingRational Pricing A proposal to reform current health care market, from a 'preferred payer' system ... Government-funded healthcare;Health care costs;Health economics;Payment reforms=Health care payment reforms; 9549 ...
Description: A proposal to reform current health care market, from a 'preferred payer' system, in which Medicare and Medicaid pay less than the true cost while others must then pay more, to a 'value for money' system. This would be achieved by requiring providers to bill all patients the same rate for the same services, with a standard bundling format to make all providers' rate differences transparent. Differences between billed charges and what Medicare pays would be made up by the Medicare patient, rather than subsidized by those outside of Medicare.Hide
- Authors: Hobson Carroll
- Date: Sep 2010
- Competency: Leadership>Thought leadership; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Health & Disability>Payment models; Health & Disability>Public financing - Health & Disability; Public Policy; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Medicaid; Social Insurance>Medicare
Stormy WeatherStormy Weather A discussion ... Article from: Long-Term Care News December 2010 – Issue 27 A ... already laundered. Background checks on the health care providers on a nationwide scale does cost time, ...
Description: A discussion of fraud and abuse in the Medicare payment system, and steps to address these problems.Hide
- Authors: Brad S Linder
- Date: Dec 2010
- Competency: Professional Values>Ethical standards
- Publication Name: Long-Term Care News
- Topics: Health & Disability>Payment models; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Medicare; Health & Disability>Electronic medical record