Health System Reform - Old Challenges, New SolutionsHealth System Reform - Old Challenges, New Solutions Successful healthcare reform: ... evidence-based care to those who are ill. Government-funded healthcare;Health care costs;Health care reform;Health ...
Description: Successful healthcare reform: First, it must help that must keep healthy people healthy. Second, it must help people mitigate or eliminate the health-risks associated with unhealthy lifestyle behavior choices, and Third, it must ensure the provision of evidence-based care to those who are ill.Hide
- Authors: Robert Stone
- Date: Jun 2009
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Internal forces and business performance; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Finance & Investments; Health & Disability>Health care; Health & Disability>Health risks; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Social Security
Book Reviews and Noticesmillion persons in the United States are under care for cancer. There were 665,000 new cases reported ... viewed as an ongoing entity, or one for which no direct employer liability exists, should not income ...
Description: This section contains multiple book reviews and notices concerning the actuarial profession. Reviews: 'Medical Risks: Patterns of Mortality and Survival' by Singer and Levinson, 'The Theory and Practice of Pension Funding' by Trowbridge and Farr, 'Two Stochastic Processes' by Beekman, 'Disability Income Insurance - Cost Differentials between Men and Women' by New York Insurance Department, 'Social Security and Private Pension Plans: Competitive or Complementary' by McGill, 'A New Look at Accounting for Pension Costs' by Hall and Landsittel, '1977 Annual Reports of the Board of Trustees of the Federal OASDI Trust Funds...,' 'Investigation of Sickness Statistics - Individual Policies, 1971 and 1973' by the Institute of Actuaries and the Faculty of Actuaries, 'The Graduation of Pensioners and of Annuitants Mortality Experience 1967-70' by the Institute of Actuaries and the Faculty of Actuaries, 'Pensions and Survival - the Coming Crisis of Money and Retirement' by Calvert, 'Group Benefits in a Changing Society' by Spencer, 'Experience of Disabled Work Benefits under OASDI 1965-74' by Bayo and Wilkin. Digests also included.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: Oct 1977
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Health & Disability>Disability insurance; Health & Disability>Health risks; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Stochastic models; Pensions & Retirement; Pensions & Retirement>Funding; Social Insurance>Social Security