An Overview of Health Issues and Recent Developments for the Non-Health Actuarysession discussed about expected trends in medical care costs, changes in Medicare reimbursement practices ... responsibility for providing long-term care, rise of managed health care, new and old participants, selection ...
Description: This session discussed about expected trends in medical care costs, changes in Medicare reimbursement practices and their short- and long-term effects, the emerging responsibility for providing long-term care, rise of managed health care, new and old participants, selection issues, multiple options, and small group market.Hide
- Authors: Phyllis Doran, Roland E King, Charles Larimer, Joseph W Moran, John K Ninomiya
- Date: Apr 1986
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Leadership>Change management; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Experience Studies & Data; Health & Disability>Health care; Long-term Care>Long-term care insurance; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Medicare
Projected Cost Analysis of Potential Medicare Pharmacy Plan Designssignificant current public policy issues in health care is the lack of coverage for prescription drugs ... prescription drug claims data provided by Medicare managed care contributors and contains experience for over 50 ...
Description: Research report sponsored by SOA to model and compare projected costs of different proposals for a Medicare prescription drug coverage plan. 3 types of costs are studied: net benefit cost estimates per member per month, continuance table data, and projected annual costs to the government over 10 years for two selected plan designs.Hide
- Authors: Lynette Trygstad, Timothy Feeser, Corey Berger
- Date: Jul 2003
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership>Change management; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Health & Disability>Public financing - Health & Disability; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Forecasting; Public Policy; Social Insurance>Medicare; Technology & Applications>Analytics and informatics