Computer Models and Simulationestimate of computer time, I made only one run on the "direct" basis, which Benjamin regards as a waste of time ... amounts of computer time. Programming for this direct simulation was very simple, but the computer costs ...
Description: This is a discussion about computer models and simulation tools for life insurance companies. From Transactions of Society of Actuaries 1969, Vol. 21, No. 59ABHide
- Authors: Michael C Altschuler, Thomas P Bowles, Russell M Collins, John H Cook, Abraham Hazelcorn, Anthony J Houghton, Burton Jay, James Lee Lewis, Joseph P McAllister, Cecil J Nesbitt, William F Sutton, Robin B Welch, Eli A Zubay, Owen A. Reed, Harry D. Garber, Charles L. Trowbridge, David G Halmstad, John W Lincoln
- Date: Apr 1969
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Modeling & Statistical Methods; Technology & Applications
Technology and the Small-Company Actuaryinto the branch bank and sits down at a PC and has direct on-line communication with a product specialist ... sold through the Internet. Two others have begun direct sales through the Internet and accept on-line payment ...
Description: Presented at May 1996 Spring Meeting. Presents case studies on the use of technology to solve some of the problems commonly encountered by actuaries in smaller companies.Hide
- Authors: Carol A Marler, William Zehner, Jeanne Carbone, Jeffrey M Robinson, Tom McDonald
- Date: May 1996
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Technology & Applications