The Need for Speed: Achieving Maximum Run Time Performanceis pretty advanced optimization. It took a lot of care to set up initially, but now it works well for ... Another way is to have a system of flags that direct traffic The Need for Speed: Achieving Maximum ...
Description: Presented at May 2005 Spring Meeting. Panelists discuss strategies for increased modeling speed as risk management, valuation and product development activities have been requiring increasingly complex financial models.Hide
- Authors: Philip Gold, Francis Sabatini, Alex Korogodsky
- Date: May 2005
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration>Management partnership; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Management skills; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Modeling efficiency; Technology & Applications>Computer science; Technology & Applications>Software
Adaptations of Electronic Machines to Life Insurance OperationsAdaptations of Electronic Machines to Life Insurance Operations This digest of special presentation ... experience study purposes would be obtained on a direct count basis each year. This would substitute for ...
Description: This digest of special presentation by the Committee on New Recording Means and Computing Devices reviews progress in technology and describes the approach to an electronic operating system for Ordinary insurance. This discussion highlights and describes Punch Card Computer operation and Magnetic Tape computers.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries
- Date: Apr 1952
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions
- Publication Name: Transactions of the SOA
- Topics: Technology & Applications>Computer science