Last Link in Product Development-State Form Filingup and try and fix the problem if we don't take care of ourselves. If the state regulators on a file-and-use ... you only have one customer (and you may have a primary customer), you cannot ignore the policyholders ...
Description: From a session at a meeting of the Society of Actuaries held in San Diego, CA, June 22-23, 2000 Company representatives and state insurance department representatives addressed issues faced by companies in complying with the form-filing process. In addition, they offered suggestions and guidance in expediting policy form approvals.Hide
- Authors: John A Hartnedy, David Hippen, Sandra K Meltzer, Ejaz Haroon, Karen J Allen, Application Administrator
- Date: Jun 2000
- Competency: Communication>Written communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Relationship Management>Relationships and trust
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Qualifications; Actuarial Profession>Standards of practice; Enterprise Risk Management>Compliance; Life Insurance; Public Policy
Regulatory Topicson the conservative side. In the absence of a direct standard, all I have done in the past is use a ... mentioned by Doug Doll, but they could have a very direct impact on you folks. Guideline IXA has been exposed ...
Description: From a session at the 2000 Valuation Actuary Symposium held in Washington DC, September 14-15, 2000 A panel of regulators share their perspectives on valuation actuary issues and relationships with valuation actuaries and professional and industry associations.Hide
- Authors: William Carroll, Rodney E Friedy, John A Hartnedy, Kerry Krantz, Robert Potter
- Date: Sep 2000
- Competency: Professional Values>Public interest representation; Relationship Management>Relationships and trust
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Actuarial Profession>Standards of practice; Financial Reporting & Accounting>Statutory accounting; Public Policy