Reaching Out for New Opportunities—New Market Research About Actuaries in the Health Care IndustryReaching Out for New Opportunities—New Market Research About Actuaries in the ... Opportunities—New Market Research About Actuaries in the Health Care Industry Key findings from a market research study ...
Description: Key findings from a market research study which the SOA undertook as part of their strategic initiative: Untapped Opportunities for Actuaries in Health.Hide
- Authors: Sara Teppema
- Date: May 2010
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Leadership>Professional network leverage; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Alternative careers; Actuarial Profession>Qualifications
Little Tent vs. Big Tent- Newtonian vs. Quantum ThinkingLittle Tent vs. Big Tent- Newtonian vs. Quantum Thinking From a session at a meeting of the Society ... about the advent of HMOs, they turned the health-care business upside down and certainly the insurance ...
Description: From a session at a meeting of the Society of Actuaries held in San Diego, CA, June 22-23, 2000 This session describes the big tent vs. little tent approach to the actuarial profession's future and relates these to the Quantum vs. Newtonian ways of thinking.Hide
- Authors: A Norman Crowder, Dorn Swerdlin, Application Administrator
- Date: May 2000
- Competency: Leadership>Change management; Relationship Management>Relationships and trust; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Qualifications; Actuarial Profession>Professional associations