Meeting Recapcounter- productive; and it is much simpler and more direct to compute cash values from the retrospective approach ... agents; personal producing general agents; and direct response. They also discussed advantages and disadvantages ...
Description: This presentation is an overview of the Meeting from the Record of the SOA Vol.6 No. 1. The session summarizes points from each concurrent session of the meeting and includes issues about the effect of governmental actions and consumerism on product design and pricing of the future, risk classification in the 1980's, nonforfeiture and valuation concerns in the 1980's and effect of taxation in the 1980's.Hide
- Authors: David R Carpenter, Gary Corbett, James Lee Lewis, Dale R Gustafson
- Date: Apr 1980
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Life Insurance>Pricing - Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Non-forfeiture benefits; Public Policy
UL Secondary Guarantee –A Rebirth of Fixed Life?UL Secondary Guarantee –A Rebirth of Fixed Life? Discussion of UL products with secondary guarantees ... Canadian Term to 100, and, most recently, long-term care). Another example of UL/SG taking on a different ...
Description: Discussion of UL products with secondary guarantees and how they are similar to and different from traditional life insurance products. Discussion of possibility they are lapse supported in their pricing.Hide
- Authors: David Simbro
- Date: Nov 2003
- Competency: Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Publication Name: Product Matters!
- Topics: Life Insurance>Pricing - Life Insurance; Life Insurance>Secondary guarantees; Life Insurance>Universal life; Life Insurance>Non-forfeiture benefits