Health ExpectancyHealthy 5-3 Incidence Rates to Skilled Nursing Care 5-4 Incidence Rates, Average Stay, and Claim Cost ... (2) needs assisted living and (3) needs skilled care. Comparisons are given with external sources. As ...
Description: This paper defines health expectancy as that part of life expectancy where the person is expected to be healthy. It also breaks down the remainder of life expectancy into two unhealthy categories, one where assisted living will be necessary, and one where a skilled nursing facility will be necessary. These expectations are calculated for many combinations of age, other demographic characteristics, and current health issues.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator, John M Bragg, James C Brooks
- Date: Feb 2010
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial theory in business context; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Publication Name: Actuarial Practice Forum
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data>Morbidity; Pensions & Retirement>Risk management
Personal Risk Manager: Driver of ResilienceSocial Security benefits or buying a long-term care policy for parents, the wealth manager has historically ... like health care, retirement savings, college, vacations, second homes and nursing home care. This process ...
Description: To be financially "well" is unique to an individual. Following a hierarchy of needs is key, along with saving more than the talking heads tell you to.Hide
- Authors: Max Rudolph
- Date: Apr 2017
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view; Strategic Insight and Integration>Effective decision-making; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition
- Topics: Economics>Behavioral economics; Finance & Investments>Portfolio management - Finance & Investments; Pensions & Retirement>Retirement risks; Pensions & Retirement>Risk management