What does ERM mean for Health Practitioners?Why Care About Enterprise Risk Management? I n late 2008, the health insurance industry faced a number ... Garnett 10 New Member Impact on Medicaid Managed Care Costs By Bela Patel Fernandez and Jeff Smith ...
Description: In this article, the author discusses the considerations and advantages of implementing an integrated enterprise risk management program for a health insurance company, and presents a summary of Aetna's experience with ERM as a case study.Hide
- Authors: Max Rudolph
- Date: Feb 2010
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Relationship Management>Staff management and motivation; Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration>Effective decision-making; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Enterprise Risk Management; Modeling & Statistical Methods>Forecasting
ERM Culture Alignment to Enhance Competitive Advantagepercent of respondents identified risk culture as a primary contributor to the financial crisis. Even though ... accepting and promoting ERM and ERM culture. While direct leadership engagement has immediate impact on corporate ...
Description: The paper discusses the arguments supporting the need for risk culture to transition into ERM culture to be embedded across financial organizations. Creating and maintaining strong ERM culture is paramount to a lasting and meaningful ERM program. It is essential for organizations to understand what ERM culture is, how it gets established and in what way affects the process of ERM implementation. Often, the implications of financial enterprises not focusing on the significance of ERM culture manifested in severely compromised ability to generate sustainable value and market competitive advantage. This paper calls for rethinking the role of ERM culture in the context of managing risks.Hide
- Authors: Joanna Keith, Henry Killackey, Abrahim Althonayan
- Date: Apr 2012
- Competency: Leadership>Change management; Relationship Management>Staff management and motivation; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Results-Oriented Solutions>Assess decision effectiveness; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view; Strategic Insight and Integration>Effective decision-making; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions; Strategic Insight and Integration>Management partnership; Strategic Insight and Integration>Strategy development; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management
- Publication Name: Risk Management
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management