Navigating New Horizons…Dawn E. Helwig, FSA, MAAAdevelopments in the Long Term Care market. Assumptions;Funding policy;Home health care;Lapse rates=Lapses;Life ... rates=Lapses;Life expectancy;Long-term care=LTC;Long-term care insurance=LTCI;Skilled nursing facilities=SNF;Underwriting; ...
Description: An interview with Dawn Helwig on developments in the Long Term Care market.Hide
- Authors: Mary Kindel Van der Heijde
- Date: May 2009
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Leadership>Thought leadership; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Experience Studies & Data>Long-term care - Experience Studies & Data; Long-term Care>Long-term care insurance; Long-term Care>Public financing - Long-term Care
Actuarial Issues and Policy ImplicationsActuarial Issues and ... Article from: Long-Term Care News December 2009 – Issue 24 [Editor’s ... and Policy Implications of a Federal Long-Term Care Insurance Program Dear Senator: To address increased ...
Description: A comment letter to policymakers produced jointly by the SOA and AAA presents findings from their actuarial analysis of the proposed CLASS Act. The analysis indicates that the proposed structure and funding approaches will be unsustainable, and will cover only a very small proportion of the intended population. The opt-out and guaranteed issue provisions of the plan pose a risk that soon the program will either need increased premiums and/or significant reductions.Hide
- Authors: Society of Actuaries, American Academy of Actuaries, P J Stallard, Steven Schoonveld
- Date: Dec 2009
- Competency: Communication>Persuasive communication; Leadership>Professional network leverage; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: Long-Term Care News
- Topics: Actuarial Profession>Professional associations; Economics>Health economics; Long-term Care>Public financing - Long-term Care