Time for Reform?Time for Reform? Recently, the SCAN Foundation, AARP, LeadingAge, and HHS funded economic ... and minuses. Long-term care insurance=LCTI;Long-term care policies;Long-term care=LTC;Medicaid;Medicare;Public ...
Description: Recently, the SCAN Foundation, AARP, LeadingAge, and HHS funded economic modeling conducted by Milliman and the Urban Institute around LTC reform elements. The LTC industry has over the years also generated ideas to address the on-coming expansion of LTC needs in the U.S. For this article, we have brought together three individuals who have long involvement with LTC financing to discuss some of the recent ideas and provide some perspectives on their pluses and minuses.Hide
- Authors: John Cutler, John O'Leary, Bruce Stahl, Robert Eaton
- Date: Sep 2016
- Competency: Leadership>Thought leadership; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Long-Term Care News
- Topics: Experience Studies & Data; Long-term Care>Long-term care insurance; Long-term Care>Public financing - Long-term Care; Public Policy; Social Insurance
Soundbites from the American Academy of Actuaries’ Health Practice Councilintended and unintended effects of different health care reform proposals. The model’s Web interface allows ... Academy’s Medicare Steering Committee and Health Care Quality Work Group submitted comments to Senators ...
Description: Report on the activities of the Academy’s health practice council and its work groups.Hide
- Authors: Heather E Jerbi, Melissa Lawler
- Date: May 2009
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge; Leadership; Professional Values>Public interest representation; Results-Oriented Solutions>Actionable recommendations; Strategic Insight and Integration>Influence decisions
- Publication Name: Health Watch
- Topics: Economics>Health economics; Enterprise Risk Management>Risk measurement - ERM; Experience Studies & Data; Financial Reporting & Accounting; Health & Disability>Health care quality; Long-term Care; Public Policy